Please Note that the Parents’ Meeting will be announced soon.
We are very happy to announce the 27th Adventure Camp for Kids.
6 days of crazy fun and a lot of learning through adventure activities, nature study, camping out,etc.
Following are the details.
To Download the form Click Here>
GIRIVIHAR, has since its conception in 1964, been devoted to outdoor adventure activities like hiking, rock climbing and mountaineering.
Adventure Activities inculcate courage, patience, determination, leadership, confidence, team spirit and cultivate a love for the environment and respect for nature.
For children, the time is ripe to learn these skills because, in tomorrow’s competitive environment, these will prove to be skills that are rudimentary to survival. And slowly, but surely, this idea is gaining acceptance in our country. Many prestigious schools have an ‘Outdoor Education Programme’ as part of their regular curriculum.
With this in mind that GIRIVIHAR conducts the Annual Adventure Camp for children (Age group 9 to 13 yrs ).
The 27th Adventure Camp will be conducted from 25th to 30th December 2017 at a campsite near village Chasole, Tokavade ahead of Murbad off Malshej Ghat road. Camp site is located at about 110 kms from Mumbai;
As a parent who leaves no stone unturned for the child’s development, we are sure you will find this camp an attractive proposition. Of course, a question most likely to occur to you will be, why you must choose GIRIVIHAR’s camp for your kids…… Here’s the answer.
• GIRIVIHAR is one of the oldest and most reputed mountaineering clubs in Mumbai
• We have had decades of experience conducting Adventure Activities for children, and have enjoyed an enviable safety record (just in case you didn’t notice this is our 27th Adventure camp for kids)
• With a long list of pioneering ventures to our name, we are an organization of genuine mountain experts
• An optimum instructor to trainee ratio of 1 : 5
• Unlike commercial set-ups, the program is owned, managed and conducted by “true blue” mountaineers
• And last, but not the least, we conduct the Camp on a NO-PROFIT basis, making it one of your wisest and most economical investments in your child’s future.
1. Corresp. address
Mr. Kunal Lagu, Mob : 9833697760
C/O LAGU BANDHU,
206/207, Shilpin Centre, G D Ambekar Marg, Wadala – Mum 31
Ph: +91-22-2415 0211/21 Email: email@example.com
Mr. Saurabh Oka, Mob : 9920202170;
Nandadeep, Dr. Moose Rd, Talaopali, Thane (W)- 400602
Mr. Mrigank Save, Mob : 7773948620
2. Age Limit: 9 to 13 years
3. Camp Fees: Rs. 5,500/- inclusive of Rs. 500/- as non-refundable Registration Charges. (Incl. of Transport/ Lodging/ Boarding & Equipment etc.)
4. Camp Duration: Saturday 24th to Thursday 29th December 2016 (6 days )
5. Accommodation: in Tents at the campsite (Separate arrangement for Boys & Girls)
6. Assembly: On Saturday 24th December 2016 at Dadar 0800 hrs. Opp IES English Medium School (King George School), L. Napoo Rd., Dadar (East)
Pickup at Service Road on Teen Haat Naka at Eternity Mall Gate No.4
7. Return Drop Off On Thursday 29th December at 1800hrs. at Gurudwara after Teen Haat Naka Flyover
At 1900 hrs. at same point as pickup at Dadar east.
8. Parent’s Meeting At 1000 hrs. on Sunday, 18th December 2016 at R. A. Podar College, L. Napoo Marg, Matunga (Central), Mumbai – 19.
Camp Kit (Essential):
• A sturdy Ruck-Sack / Haver Sack / Any Back-pack which can hold the following items.
• Snugly fitting Canvas Shoes with Rubber soles or similar Sports shoes (For Activity)
• Slippers / Chappal (After activity time)
• Cotton Socks (2 Pairs)
• Loose Tough lightweight trousers (Cotton preferred) or Track pants (2 Nos.)
• Loose Tough lightweight Full-Sleeve Shirts (Cotton preferred) (2 Nos.)
• Personal Undergarments (2/3 sets minimum); lightweight towel (Pancha); Sun Cap
• Light Bedding & One Full Sleeve Sweater. Woollen Cap / Balaclava.
• Light Weight Mug, Plate, Spoon, Bowl, Glass.
• Simple Plastic Water Bottle of Min. 1 lit capacity with Shoulder Strap
• Torch with a spare set of batteries. (preferably head torch)
• NoteBook, Pen, Sewing Kit, Spare laces, Safety pins, Mosquito repellent cream, Tooth Brush, Tooth Paste, Soap, small quantity talcum powder, 4 ‘Band-Aid’ Strips, 2-3 Plastic bags (Assorted sizes).
• Please Do Not Give cash, gold or other valuable ornaments, mobile phones, wrist watch, any food items, comics or any other books, or anything other than the item specified in the ‘Camp-Kit’ list.
• Attending the Parent’s Meeting is a MUST.
• Since the Camp venue is more than 100 km away from Mumbai, while returning it is difficult to keep to the scheduled timings. Parents are requested not to panic and wait for at least one hour after the schedule timing. In such case please contact to Mrs. Revati Joshi – 98192-07743
• The camp venue is in the jungle so nothing can be purchased there. Ensure your child’s Camp kit is complete
• Last Date for submitting entry form: 10th December 2017. ( Entry by 1st come 1st serve)
• Cancellation: Since all the necessary arrangements for food, transport, equipment etc., are made well in advance, cancellations, if any must be communicated immediately in writing at the above address. Camp in-charge will take final decision about the refund amount after the camp.
• The campsite is connected by a tarred road & has a water-body nearby. Fuel generated Electricity is available at the campsite. The campsite has toilets with running water.
• The meals are strictly vegetarian, made hygienically, considering the requirements of the kids.
• The participants will be accommodated in dormitory type tents (separate for boys & girls). The ground will be covered with a plastic sheet and sleeping mats for each.
• There is a complete ‘First-Aid Kit’ available at the campsite. Instructors are trained to give first aid.
• Please inform the camp-in-charge about any long-term medical treatment the participant is undergoing for any illness. They should also inform about hypersensitivity (to antibiotics, sulpha drugs etc.) / allergies if any.
• There is no facility to take bath daily, moreover, the kids may not find time for this. (Time will be specially provided on one of the days to bathe) Instruct the kid to observe physical cleanliness / personal hygiene.
• There will be an adequate number of female Instructors.
• Keeping Safety of the child in mind, the instructors may not allow some kids to participate in some activities.
• Parents and/or guests/relatives of the kids are not allowed to visit the campsite during the camp.
• The Camp-in-charge’s decision in any matter related to this Camp is final.
At the Camp Site:
• Rock Climbing : This is where the basics of Rock climbing are taught to the children.
• Rappelling : The child accounts his fear of height and is able to enjoy it too.
• Rafting : Experience water as a mode of transport.
• Obstacle Course : Learn to overcome obstacles in life with confidence.
• River Crossing : The thrill of being able to cross the river with the help of a rope without getting wet.
• Orienteering : Understand the surroundings with maps and compass.
• Treasure hunt : A group activity where confidence and competence amongst team members is noticed.
• Nature Study : Nature is considered to be the best teacher.
• Star Gazing : Learn more about the mighty sky above us.
• Rifle Shooting : Learn the Basics of Air Rifle shooting and Challenge James Bond!!
• Archery : Aiming practice the Robin Hood Style.
Contact: Mrigank Save – 7773948620