To Download the Trek Brochure Click here
GIRIVIHAR, has since its conception in 1964, been
devoted to outdoor adventure activities like hiking, rock climbing and mountaineering.
Adventure Activities inculcate courage, patience, determination, leadership, confidence, team spirit and cultivate a love for the environment and respect for nature.
Dayara Bugyal is perched at an altitude of 3,048 mts above sea level offering splendid views of the Himalayan range. Bugyal literally means high altitude meadow in regional language. Dayara Bugyal is situated in the Uttarkashi district of Uttarakhand state.
It is a lush green meadow spread over a vast expanse of 28 square kilometres. Also written as Dyara Bugyal, the highlight of this trekking route is Barnala Tal, a natural small lake. The trek goes through open land and dense forest at different places ending up at the vast expanse of lush green meadow.
This trek is open for first timers as well as veterans. Just ensure that you are excited about the trip and are in good physical shape (comfortable walking for 4-5 hours in a day). However, it would be wise to discuss it with one of our Trip Leaders before booking.
Day 01 – 27th May
Arrival at Haridwar. Leave Haridwar at 6.00 am. Drive to Barsu. Drive (225 kms/7-8 hrs). Lunch on the way. A drive for 6-7 hours brings us to village Barsu (2250m) Overnight stay.
Day 02 – 28th May (Trek 6 hrs)
Morning trek from Barsu ( Bugyal Sarai) – Barnala It is an easy-moderate climb with some stiff edges in between Arrival at Barnala. Overnight stay.
Day 03 – 29th May (Trek 4 hrs)
Trek from Barnala – Dayara Bugyal. Dayara Bugyal is on top of the ridge line seen from Barnala. Arrival & Overnight stay at Dayara Bugyal.
Day 04 – 30th May (Trek 5 hrs )
Morning trek from Dayara Bugyal – Syari Bugyal The entire 5 hours from Darya Bugyal to Syari Bugyal is spent walking on the ridge of the mountain. It is a thrilling experience to actually walk with hundreds of meters of cliff below you! Arrival at Syari Bugyal. Overnight stay.
Day 05 – 31st May (Trek 7 hrs.)
Trek from Syari Bugyal to Surya top and then to Kornkutta thach The trek to Surya top offers 360 degree view of himalaya including Bandarpoonch (6350 mtrs), Dropdikadanda (6420 mtrs), Jaonli (6600 mtrs), Srikanth, Gangotri I,II,III and many other peaks.. Overnight stay at Kornkutta thach
Day 06 – 1st June (Trek 6 hrs.)
Kornkutta – Agoda Village
Leaving behind the high Himalayan meadows we head down to the valley thru mix forest of oak, cedar and rhododendron & reach Agoda village. Overnight stay.
Day 07 – 2nd June (Trek 2 hrs)
Agoda Village – Roadhead (Sangamchitti) – Haridwar. A two hours walk take us to the road head where we board our awaiting vehicles and drive back to Haridwar.
- Address : Mr. Prasanna Joshi. C/O LAGU BANDHU,206/207, Shilpin Centre,
G D Ambekar Marg, Wadala – Mum 31 Ph: +91-22-2415 0211/21
Email: email@example.com Mobile: 9819828845
Mr. Saurabh Pathare, Tel : 9869252778; Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Minimum age : 14 years complete
- Trek Fees : 10,500/-.Haridwar to Haridwar (Transport/Lodging/Boarding & equipment etc)
- Trek Duration : 27th May 2015 Arrival at Haridwar and Depart from Haridwar on 2nd June 2015
- Accommodation : Accommodation in multiple sharing Tents (Separate arrangement for Boys & Girls)
- Assembly : Haridwar On 27th May 2015 at 6.00 am at a pre designated place in Haridwar to catch the Jeeps to Barsu. Details will be shared at the participants meeting
- Return : Depart from Haridwar on 2nd June 2015
- Participant’s Meeting: At 1930 hrs. on Saturday, 16th May 2015 at R. A. Podar College, Napoo Marg, Matunga (Central), Mumbai – 19. Minor participants will attend this meeting along with their parents.
- Transportation: Haridwar to Barsu and back from Agoda Road head to Haridwar in Non A/C Jeeps/Bus.
- Accommodation: Accommodation in multiple sharing tents with separate arrangement for Boys and Girls
- Food: Delicious and nutritious Veg food will be served during the trek once you reach Base camp at Barsu on Day-01, upto Departure from Agoda Road head on Day-07 (Food during Jeep/Bus travel from Haridwar to Baru and Agoda road head to Haridwar will not be included.)
- Equipment required for trekking in Snow will be provided; participants are to bring their warm clothing.
- Instructors: The trekking team will be accompanied by qualified guides/instructors
- Forest Entree fee and required Permits
- Back Pack carrying: Participants are expected to carry their own personal belongings. Common Equipment and sleeping Bags, Tents etc will be provided & carried by porters
- Certificate: Participants will be awarded with a certificate on successfully completing the trek.
- Pre/post camp arrival/departure, facilitation/travel cost to and from Camp’s joining and dispersal locations, etc
- Cost of any form of insurance, rescue, evacuation, hospitalization, etc
- Costs incurred due to delays in arrival/departure of any means of transportation resulting from landslides, floods, or other natural or man made causes over which Girivihar has no control
- Anything which is not mentioned above